- Hotel Rooms
- The Royal Castle Hotel bedrooms are all individually styled & finished with high quality furnishings. All rooms are equipped with en-suite bathrooms, digital TV, tea & coffee making facilities, hairdryer, free wireless internet access & comfortable beds. Some have Jacuzzi baths, river views and four poster beds.
- Standard, River View Rooms
- Do you dream of sailing away, crashing out on the beach, seeking seals and sea-birds, traversing hidden creeks, catching crabs, tramping the coast path, drifting on a pleasure cruise, taking a steam-train ride or fishing for your supper?
- Dartmouth and Around
- Food & Drink
- Our river view restaurant, The Grill Room, serves a fantastic lunch & dinner menu Monday to Saturday and a great carvery menu on Sundays. Our food is fresh, local and 100% traceable. With the best harbour views this is the perfect venue for a romantic meal, family celebration, or wedding breakfast.
- Excellent food, Atmospheric Bars
THIS IS THE ROYAL CASTLE HOTEL DARTMOUTH
This award winning 17th century hotel is at the very heart of Dartmouth.
Located in the very centre of town, an iconic and unmissable building, The Royal Castle Hotel is perfectly placed to enjoy everything that South Devon has to offer…
A fantastic choice of hotel, we pride ourselves on individually tailored customer service and extremely high standards. We have 25 unique en-suite bedrooms, many with four poster beds, Jacuzzi baths, award winning breakfasts and complimentary valet parking. Contemporary luxuries have been tastefully added to historic features to create comfortable and memorable rooms. The valet parking service means that you are looked after from the moment you arrive; simply pull into one of the spaces on the Quay front and we’ll take it from there! For details of how to get here and a map, please click on “Find us” on the Contact page.
With two atmospheric bars and a harbour view restaurant The Grill Room, we offer fine food, great wines and local ales.
This Dartmouth Hotel is dog friendly and we provide dogs with their own bed, some treats and a toy on arrival. There are some fantastic walks around Dartmouth and we can help with maps and recommendations as well!
Perfectly situated on the river Dart and on the South Devon coastline; reach us by road, rail or boat.
An ideal location for weddings and parties, large and small, with a dedicated team on hand to plan your perfect day.
Special events occur throughout the year and a great outside catering team brings our expertise to you!
So nice to pop in with our dog for lunch - as we did yesterday. We love the roaring fire. Had a spit roasted lamb with vegetables and mulled wine. Busy atmosphere as usual but we can always find a table with people coming and going. Also nice for Sunday lunches. Food is reliably well cooked and very tasty. Never had a bad meal here. What’s not to like? Heartily recommend
“Top Hotel and Restaurant”
It is very rare that an hotel ticks all the boxes for comfort, dining, staff and location. A master class on how a hotel should be run! From the moment we arrived we were made welcome, with every staff member making us feel special. The car parking was made easy, with the car collected on arrival or delivered right outside when leaving made it easy. The room we had was superbly appointed, inviting, quiet and an importantly with a very comfortable bed. The meals were served in the restaurant or two bars and to a very high standard. The breakfast was one of the best we have experienced and very well prepared.
Highly recommended hotel in one of England’s most beautiful and vibrant locations with most activities within walking or ferry distance. Do try it - you will not be disappointed!
See tripadvisor for more reviews and traveller tips: