- The Royal Castle Hotel bedrooms are all individually styled & finished with high quality furnishings. All rooms are equipped with en-suite bathrooms, digital TV, tea & coffee making facilities, hairdryer, free wireless internet access & comfortable beds. Some have Jacuzzi baths, river views and four poster beds.
- Standard, River View Rooms
- Do you dream of sailing away, crashing out on the beach, seeking seals and sea-birds, traversing hidden creeks, catching crabs, tramping the coast path, drifting on a pleasure cruise, taking a steam-train ride or fishing for your supper?
- Dartmouth and Around
- Food & Drink
- Our river view restaurant, The Grill Room, serves a fantastic lunch & dinner menu Monday to Saturday and a great carvery menu on Sundays. Our food is fresh, local and 100% traceable. With the best harbour views this is the perfect venue for a romantic meal, family celebration, or wedding breakfast.
- Excellent food, Atmospheric Bars
THIS IS THE ROYAL CASTLE HOTEL
This award winning 17th century hotel is at the very heart of Dartmouth.
Located in the very centre of town, an iconic and unmissable building, The Royal Castle Hotel is perfectly placed to enjoy everything that South Devon has to offer…
A fantastic choice of hotel, we pride ourselves on individually tailored customer service and extremely high standards. We have 25 unique en-suite bedrooms, many with four poster beds, Jacuzzi baths, award winning breakfasts and complimentary valet parking. Contemporary luxuries have been tastefully added to historic features to create comfortable and memorable rooms. The valet parking service means that you are looked after from the moment you arrive; simply pull into one of the spaces on the Quay front and we’ll take it from there! For details of how to get here and a map, please click on “Find us” on the Contact page.
With two atmospheric bars and a harbour view restaurant The Grill Room, we offer fine food, great wines and local ales.
The hotel is dog friendly and we provide dogs with their own bed, some treats and a toy on arrival. There are some fantastic walks around Dartmouth and we can help with maps and recommendations as well!
Perfectly situated on the river Dart and on the South Devon coastline; reach us by road, rail or boat.
An ideal location for weddings and parties, large and small, with a dedicated team on hand to plan your perfect day.
Special events occur throughout the year and a great outside catering team brings our expertise to you!
Reviewed 15 April 2013 NEW
Wonderful location, having their own car park is a huge plus as parking in Dartmouth can be very difficult to find. The atmosphere and decor are very tasteful and old English with wood beams etc. The food is very good and very good value, staff are always courteous. Try the daily specials like the carvery, curry night etc. Nice selection of ales and beers. Have stayed here many times and have always had a very good stay.
Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile
Enjoyed rating here again this year both during the day & in the evening. Food wonderful & very good value with friendly helpful staff would recommend to everyone. Location could not be better & there is a bar/eating area to suit everyone. Cannot wait to get the opportunity to stay as love the quirkiness of the hotel.
Stayed March 2013
“Fantastic food, great service”
Reviewed 15 April 2013
As a group of 10 looking for somewhere for a special lunch we came across The Grill Room at the Royal Castle. They quickly arranged a table for us and the service was great. All the kids had beautifully presented, large portions of food which was fantastic value at £5.95. The adults had a variety of main courses ranging from moules, to pork belly, and tuna steak, and the desserts were also beautifully presented and very moreish! A very relaxed and tasty meal ensued. Thoroughly recommended.
Visited April 2013
See tripadvisor for more reviews and traveller tips: